Start A Business Smoothly
Know the Simple Steps for Starting
Your Business Right.
Owning your own business is right up there with apple pie and baseball as an American pastime. In order to assure that your business succeeds beyond the initial desire and thrill of fulfilling a dream, you must take the time to develop a comprehensive plan and gain the advantage of having all pertinent information in place before you begin your venture.
We can help you avoid becoming another failed business statistic.
With our help, you will identify and avoid the common mistakes many new business owners make. We will help you build a business plan for success, as well as provide financial management services to meet your needs.
Steps to starting your business right…
- Prepare a business plan and determine your initial capital needs.
- Identify your current resources, as well as sources of start-up capital and your borrowing capacity.
- Review potential business structures in terms of tax advantages and portability in case you need to relocate.
- Plan for financial management of your business by selecting accounting software that fits your projected budget and gaining the hardware necessary to run it.
- Understand the key components of a Cash Flow Projection and develop one to cover each month of your business for the first year, at least.
- Learn about the best billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Research and gain an understanding of employment laws so that you are prepared to comply from the start.
- Consider a home office for maximizing tax deductions.
- Prepare and file for all local and state licenses and permits.
- Gain a Federal Employer Identification Number and set up payroll services and payroll tax filing systems with your first employee.
- Identify any business insurance needs.
- Develop a Partnership Agreement. By putting the terms of all business partnerships into writing, you will save a lot of future pain and headache, as well as the potential detriment of your business.
Don’t let this list overwhelm your desire to start a business. Our services were created with small business owners like you in mind.
Call us today to start your business the right way!
Ready to come in for an appointment?
Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at 215-997-8270 or email us we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
What our Clients are saying
I met Mike Sexton through our longtime Accountant, Mike Kornfeld. Our accountant is retiring and brought in Mike Sexton so there would be some time for both of them to work with us and have a smooth transition next year. Mike is very knowledgeable. He is professional and still friendly. He helped me with a very sophisticated personal tax issue that will result in a substantial savings for me. I look forward to working with Mike Sexton on both business and personal matters. – Larry SchwartzSubstantial Savings
“It’s my honor to recommend Mike Sexton for all of your accounting needs. I’ve worked with Mike for years and can’t say enough about the level of detail and attention he gave me as a client. He’s also been great to some of the small to mid size business owners I’ve sent his way. Mike Sexton is a staple in the Bux-Mont community and you should give him the opportunity to earn your business.” -Bryan FlanneryCan’t Say Enough