Non-Profit Started And Managed
Let Us Help You Create
The Non-Profit of Your Dreams!
In order to setup and maintain your tax exempt status, your organization must meet very specific expense and income classifications. The IRS determines your eligibility with the following:
Yearly Income Statements – categorizing specific expense and revenue details such as donations, salaries, postage, rent, etc.
A Yearly Balance Sheet – including cash, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Individual Program Expense Statements – detailing every expense for each program, service or seminar, including things like educational mailings.
Revenue Support Schedules – detailing charitable donations, membership fees, and investment interest.
As you can see, the way you set up your bookkeeping and accounting system is crucial to successful maintenance of non-profit status. Luckily, we can help you create the necessary bookkeeping systems and can even take care of filing the forms for you yearly.
Our non-profit services include…
- Filing of your non-profit status application, initial start-up documentation, incorporation, FEIN, and payroll setup with federal and state agencies. For new non-profits, contact us for a list of items needed to apply for 501 (c)(3) status.
- Reviewing and compilation of your financial statements.
- Design, training and maintenance for your accounting system.
- Payroll management and preparation.
- Yearly filing of the necessary IRS tax forms.
- Board training services regarding non-profit budgeting and management practices.
- For Churches, we prepare the pastoral housing allowance and other required benefit documentations.
Ready to come in for an appointment?
Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at 215-997-8270 or email us we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
What our Clients are saying
I met Mike Sexton through our longtime Accountant, Mike Kornfeld. Our accountant is retiring and brought in Mike Sexton so there would be some time for both of them to work with us and have a smooth transition next year. Mike is very knowledgeable. He is professional and still friendly. He helped me with a very sophisticated personal tax issue that will result in a substantial savings for me. I look forward to working with Mike Sexton on both business and personal matters. – Larry SchwartzSubstantial Savings
“It’s my honor to recommend Mike Sexton for all of your accounting needs. I’ve worked with Mike for years and can’t say enough about the level of detail and attention he gave me as a client. He’s also been great to some of the small to mid size business owners I’ve sent his way. Mike Sexton is a staple in the Bux-Mont community and you should give him the opportunity to earn your business.” -Bryan FlanneryCan’t Say Enough